Thursday, January 12, 2006

I doubt the dispatcher was listening, so here it is.

Hello! Hello dear! Yes! OK! Ledmegedyour bag dear! Here, get in dear. York Avenue goes two ways, yes dear?

So I look this morning at your name when I come to pick you up and I see it, Duvdevani! Is this an Indian name dear? Is your family from India? That is a veddyIndianzoundingname dear! Dev or Deva, that is like a big hearted god dear, a Deva is the god with big heart! Yes it is veddyGOODnamedear!

Oh they were Not Indian you say, because I look this morning and I see, oh such a good name! No? It was not Duvdevani before? You are married dear? Ah! Your grandfather changed it from a Polish name! He picked a veddygoodname!

I did not hear you! Can you please say to me the name again? Vischnya? OH! OH! Idizlike Vishnu! That also is veddy good, veddy veddy goodname!!! Vishnu! Also like a god!
You are going to Houston dear? Yes I have a cousin in Houston! He is an engineer! GOOD place, nice and hot! Yes I am from Bombay, it is hot! New York in the winter, I am used to it now. I have lived here with my wife and two sons for fifteen years now dear.

They are twelve and seven. GOOD STUDENTS. I also want to go to school. I wanted to go into engineering! Yes, someday. I was quite good at math when I was young!

What do you do dear? Are you a student? Oh, you work in an office. Do you like it? Yes, I do like the freedom of my job. I have been driving for fourteen years dear.

Continental? Ledmegedyoursudecasedear. OK! Thirty-three dollars with tolls. Oh, thank you dear!

Yes! Good luck to you too! Thank you, yes! Let us have a beeudyvul new year!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home